Monday, January 24, 2022

A Few Of My Favorite Things

 


1) Hawai'i T-Shirt -
Acquired when I lived in Hawai'i, the shirt represents my love for sea turtles, the beach, and my roots in the Navy traveling from state to state.

2) Spoon - Representing my love for single-use plastics that I collect.  I appreciate the simple beauty of objects, even if they are often considered garbage, and spoons are a big favorite of mine for their appealing shape and usually bright colors.

3) Flowers - I love plants and nature, especially flowers.  Unfortunately, I cannot be trusted with plants and most plants don't bloom year round, so all my spaces are covered in fake flowers so I can indulge in their beauty without funerals or bug infestations.

4) Axolotl Plush - One of the few items I own from another artist, Quinn is a beloved plush of mine.  He represents my appreciation for other artist's work, my deep love for stuffed animals, and my love for unconventional animals like axolotls.

5) Ditto Beanbag - Pokemon brought my family together, giving us a common interest to enjoy for almost my entire life.  My mom made me this beanbag and I keep close to remind me of all the fun we have together.

6) Miniature Stegosaurus Plush - This one is of my own creation and represents my love for making art, specifically these tiny plushes made from felt.  This pink dinosaur was the first one I ever made and is one of my favorite pieces.

7) Sugar Cookie - I love sweets!  Basic treats like ice cream, cookies, cupcakes, chocolate, candy, etc. all make my good world go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ceratyr/David (Ceramics II - Spring 2023)

Ceratyr / David Ceramics, Brushed Yarn, Wire, Masking Tape, White Glue, Chalk Pastels (dyeing yarn), Mixed Media David pictured with his pre...